Laminate is called paper imprinted with resin on compressed sawdust. Instead of natural wood material, MDF (Medium Density Fiber Material) and HDF (High-Density Fiber Material) are used. However, it is preferred because it does not require additional processes such as varnish and is cheap. If we take a more detailed at the question of what is laminate flooring. Laminate flooring which was introduced in the 1980s since then its popularity is increasing day by day.
This type of parquet, which is the most popular today, is being developed with continuous improvements. It consists of a waterproof layer at the bottom, a wooden composite in the middle and a wear layer and a decorative layer at the top.
What are the Advantages and Benefits of Laminate Flooring?
Shock, vibration, and pressure-resistant laminate flooring coatings are resistant to scratches and abrasion. It is also easy to repair in case of damage. Thus, loads of furniture and other heavy objects will not damage the parquet. Due to its lightweight, the load on the building will also be reduced.
It is resistant to moisture but is not recommended for use in areas that are in contact with excessive water (such as where possible flooding). It is long-lasting and is resistant to 10 to 15 years under the conditions of a laminate flooring living room. It does not fade despite the sunlight. It is simple to clean and is also an important advantage for pets at home.
What should be considered when buying laminate flooring?
- Having ISO 9002 Certificate,
- Imported materials are sold in Europe under the same name,
- Stability is indicated on it,
- How many kgs per m3. Indicating that HDF has been used,
- Pay attention to the trust given by the seller.
What is Laminate Flooring? | How should the laminate flooring be maintained?
- Laminate flooring is natural wood material. In the environment where it is installed, the temperature should be between 15 – 24 ° C and the humidity should be between 40 – 60%.
- Since it is a natural material, it is recommended not to press it with objects such as spiked heels.
- Felting the feet of your furniture in contact with the parquet will be a precaution against scratching.
- It is enough to sweep and use natural cleaning products for cleaning.
- Cleaning cloths with unnatural detergent and metal particles should not be used.
- Avoid direct contact with water.
After our detailed answers to the question of what is laminate flooring, if you plan to use laminate flooring in your home or workplace, you can follow our blog for other questions.