How to Clean Wooden Kitchen Cabinets
Wooden kitchen cabinets are the demand of the hour. They give your kitchen the rich and classy look and make it more attractive. Along with the eye catching beauty, they are also very durable and can easily last for a very long time if taken care of. But with the everyday messy kitchen work, they are sure to get dirty and slimy. The biggest problem with kitchen cabinets is that they get dirty very fast. It may happen that while preparing that tasty meal, you spatter grease on them, or maybe spill some of the batter of that pancake you are making. We all face similar situations everyday and wonder how to clean wooden kitchen cabinets. But don’t worry anymore you can easily fight grime, grease and grunge and make your cabinets super clean with this article which describes how to clean wooden kitchen cabinets.
What cleaner to use on wooden cabinets?
For cleaning your kitchen cabinets, you can use commercially available soaps and detergents but many of these contain harmful chemicals that may damage your wooden cabinets. To avoid any chances, you can prepare your own cleaning mix at home. Just mix equal amounts of vinegar and warm water in a spray bottle and mix them well. Then add 5-10 drops of liquid dishwashing detergent to it and your homemade cabinet cleaning mix is ready to chase the grease and dirt away from your grimy wooden kitchen cabinets.
How to Clean Wooden Kitchen Cabinets | Steps to clean wooden kitchen cabinets
Once your cleaner is prepared, follow these steps to ensure effective cleaning:
- Spray the cleaning solution on the cabinets. Then using a soft rag or a sponge, spread the solution evenly on the cabinets and wipe it clean. You’ll need to apply extra strength to remove all the grease and grime off the wood.
- Wipe the drawer pulls and handle too with the sponge to ensure that every last piece of grime is removed.
- To remove the hard grease, take a toothbrush, dip it in the cleaner solution and scrub the cabinets. Make sure to cover all the corners and crevices to ensure complete cleaning.
- After the outside is done, wipe off the inner doors and drawers. There’s no need to completely soak the drawers in liquid, just spray enough of it to clean the dirt and grease.
- Take a new piece of cloth or sponge and dip it in clean water and wipe off the cleaner from the cabinets’ surfaces.
- Finally, use a clean dry towel to dry all the surfaces to avoid any water damage to the wood.
- To clean wooden kitchen cabinets with dried up and stubborn stains, you need a stronger approach. Mix vinegar and salt in a little bit of water to make a paste. Dip a soft toothbrush in the paste and scrub on the stained area to remove the stain. Rinse off the paste using clean water and then dry the cabinet with a clean towel.
This is how to clean wooden kitchen cabinets. Now you won’t have any troubles with the stubborn stains as you have the guide that explains how to clean wooden kitchen cabinets. Follow K&B Cabinets to stay updated about all kitchen and bathroom tips and hacks.